This is a picture I took at Cave Stream Scenic Reserve in Canterbury. I visited this a few days after my arrival with the rest of my study abroad group. Just below this is a cave that takes about 45 minutes to crawl through. Around this area is where the Lion the Which and the Which and the Wardrobe was filmed. It is less than 45 minutes away from my school.
While in the area we visited a sheep farm. The farmer gave us a demonstration of how to sheer sheep, and it is actually harder then you would think. He also asked me if I wanted to get a hair cut, but I was a little intimidated by the clippers. The farmer had over five dogs all of which were border collies. The dog he showed us reminded me of Charlie.
This is a picture of me standing on a rock at Castle Hill, which is a popular rock climbing place near my school. This area is located just down the road from cave stream scenic reserve. I am in absolute love with this place because it offers some very neat climbing opportunities only 40 minutes away from my school. What you are looking at is all limestone, and is actually an ancient sea bed.
The Orientation trip lasted two days and included a trip to the sheep farm, Castle Hill, and the cave stream scenic reserve. We also got go jet boating on the Waimakariri river. Jet boats were invented in New Zealand and can go in water as shallow as three inches. I had lots of fun on this trip and was able to bond with many of the people in my program.
No comments:
Post a Comment